- Station No. 5 is located at 1023 E. 900 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- It the 9th and 9th District of the city as well as the University of Utah.
- Station No. 5 resides City Council Districts 4, 5 and 6, represented by Derek Kitchen, Erin Mendenhall and Charlie Luke (respectively).
- The original Station No. 5 was built and opened in 1906 at 1023 E. and 900 S.
- In 1978, the station closed, demolished and reconstructed on the same site, and it reopened in 1979.
Crews from Station 5, Ladder Truck 5 work on a tree rescue.
Services and Apparatus
- Station No. 5 houses firefighters trained in technical rescue disciplines, and the station crews are known as a the “heavy rescue teams.”
- This team has specialized training including rappelling, white water rescue, it has technical extrication equipment for difficult rescues, and is situated close to major hiking trails.
- The heavy rescue team’s training allows for high angle and high space technical rescue abilities.
- Station No. 5 is a dual-company house that includes a fire engine and fire truck.
- Eight firefighters on three platoons have EMT and paramedic certifications on duty at all times.