The Salt Lake City Fire Department will be using Ergometrics FireTEAM entry level test for the 2018 written exam.
The written exam is now scheduled for Saturday, April 28, 2018.
There are four sections on the exam:
- FireTEAM Human Relations Video Test
- This video is a human relations test focusing on teamwork and public relations. It is not intended to be a test in any way of your knowledge of policy, codes, or technical aspects of firefighting.
- FireTEAM Mechanical Reasoning Test
- FireTEAM Math Test
- FireTEAM Reading Test
Ergometrics will assess candidate responses based on the following dimensions:
- Communication skills
- Discipline and managing difficult employees
- Interpersonal relations with staff and customers
- Managing change
- Managing conflict
- Managing performance
- Prioritization/effective use of resources
- Team development/delegation
- Training/career development
- Working with management
At the Salt Lake City Fire Department’s Written Exam Test Preparation event on Saturday, December 2, 2017, we will elaborate on these dimensions and provide further insight into question format and type.
Registration for the Written Exam Test Preparation event will open the week of November 13, 2017.
For additional information about our hiring process visit www.slcfire.com/jobs.
For information regarding the testing process – Jennifer Sykes, HR Consultant, 801-799-4109 or [email protected]
For information regarding general recruitment and test preparation events – Darby Egbert, Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator 801-209-5241 (call/text) or [email protected]