You’re a little over a month away from taking the Salt Lake City Fire Department’s (SLC Fire) Written Exam!
Here are some final reminders/updates:
- Ensure that you’ve completed the application process, including the submission of your resume, by the March 31 deadline.
- Due to a scheduling conflict, the date of the CPAT test-preparation event has been changed to Thursday, April 5 from 5:30pm-8:30pm. Here is the link to register: https://form.jotform.com/73235358339159 (The event is capped at 50 participants. If you’ve already attended, we ask that you allow others the opportunity to attend.)
- If you weren’t able to join us for our Written Exam or Oral Board Assessment test-preparation events, recordings of the sessions are available on our Facebook page via https://www.facebook.com/SLCfire/. (You can access the videos under the page’s timeline, or by clicking on “Live Videos” on the left-hand side.)
- Please disregard the “FireTEAM Promote Score Description” sheet that was passed out at our test-preparation events. FireTEAM Promote is a different test from FireTEAM Entry-Level; and therefore, the scoring criteria will not be accurate.
- You can access the “Interview Tips” sheet, as referenced during the Oral Board Assessment test-preparation event, here.
- Make sure your calendar is cleared the date of the Written Exam on Saturday, April 28, 2018.
- CPAT results obtained previously and/or out-of-state between July 2017 to July 2018 can be counted towards the Salt Lake City Fire Department’s CPAT phase of the 2018 hiring process. Certifications would be requested at the time of the Oral Board Assessment. Fore more information, reach out to Jennifer Sykes, HR Consultant.
- Time assignments for the Written Exam will be sent the first week of April.
- Lastly, we are conducting a survey to get a better sense of employment attraction and retention in the fire service. Your participation in the survey is anonymous and voluntary. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated! Please note: Your participation in the survey has NO correlation to our current hiring process. The information will be used to help better guide future recruitment practices, marketing, etc.
For information regarding the testing process/employment – Jennifer Sykes, HR Consultant, 801-799-4109 or [email protected]
For information regarding general recruitment and test preparation events – Darby Egbert, Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator 801-209-5241 (call/text) or [email protected]
Tell us why you #wanttobeanSLCfirefighter.