ORAL BOARD ASSESSMENT
The Oral Board Assessment will consist of a structured, behaviorally-based interview questions. Your responses will be evaluated by fire officers and other firefighters or firefighter specialists.
The following attributes may be assessed in the Oral Board Assessments:
- Assertiveness – Assert oneself when necessary to exert control over others.
- Emotional Self-Control – Maintain one’s composure in stressful situations.
- Interest in People – Exhibit an active interest in understanding and working with people.
- Interpersonal Skills – Be sensitive to others; resolve problems without arousing antagonism; be courteous and respectful; resolve conflicts through persuasion and not force; influence people and inspire their confidence and respect.
- Oral Expression – Communicate various types of communication orally in a clear and understandable manner; project one’s voice clearly; communicate over radios and other electronic transmission equipment.
- Situational Reasoning – Make prompt and effective decisions quickly in both routine and non-routine (life and death) situations; evaluate alternative courses of action and select the most acceptable alternative.
- Teamwork – Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and other fire service officials.
- Writing – Express yourself clearly and concisely in writing; use acceptable grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Dependability – Be conscientious, reliable, thorough, punctual, and accurate and assume fair share of workload.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – Adapt to changes in working conditions.
- Initiative – Proceed on assignments without waiting to be told to do so.
For information regarding the testing process – Jennifer 801-799-4109 or [email protected]
For information regarding preparation events – Darby 801-799-4120 or [email protected]